US Federal government consolidation since the 17th Amendment in 1913 is the Climate Change Root Cause.
- In direct violation of the Constitution's Divided Sovereignty stated in the Preamble, post Roads, Ports restrictions and their restatement in Amendments 9 and 10 of the Bill of Rights, the Federal government socialized infrastructure monopolies that mandate the burning of coal and oil to move two tons to move a person.
- Read Rachel Carson's book, Silent Spring, for a corally of Federal Socialism in agriculture.
- Governments around the world adopting America's oil/coal burning infrastructure monopolies after World War II resulting in Civilization Killers of Climate Change, Peak Oil, debt(mortgaging the future labor of children), money printing (transferring wealth from the many to the few), oil-dollar funded terrorism, and perpetual oil-wars.
- The Liberty of Posterity has been sacrificed for political gain that caters to a Tyranny of the Majority.
End Climate Change Root Cause in 4 years:
Ending Climate Change Root Cause can be accomplished in 4 years by repeating the success of ending Federal government support for slavery:
- Ending Federal enforcement of slavery:
- 1861, the Tyranny of the Majority that had supported Federal slavery policies in conflict with Founding American Principles was forced to wake up when secession triggered the Civil War.
- 1863, the Emancipation Proclamation was the first step in ending the legal status of slavery.
- 1865, the 13th Amendment ended Federal support for slavery.
- Ending Federally mandated Climate Change
- 2020, waken Americans that a Tyranny of the Majority is mortgaging children and tilting the balance of nature by electing politicians who violate the clear text of the Constitution for policial power.
- 2020, cities, states, and/or the Federal government pass the Solar Mobility Act to document the restoring of the States' Sovereignty over internal improvements as clearly stated in the Constitution and affirmed by 21 Presidential veto messages.
- Begin construction mobility networks that comply with the 5x5 Standard of the Solar Mobility Act.
- Privately funded networks 5 times more efficient than government monopoly networks pay 5% of gross revenues to use public Rights of Way.
- 2020, US military answers eight Presidents' calls to action to end foreign oil addiction by cutting oil use by 1/3rd. This also honors the sacrifice of soldiers who have bought time with blood for ending foreign oil addiction since 1991.
- 2020-2021, transfer to the States all Federal infrastructure.
- 2021, end Federal direct taxing to provide infrastructure. Shift responsibility to the States.
- 2024, reduce US oil consumption by 1/3rd, ending foreign oil addiction.
Solar Mobility Act, Liberty is the Solution:
Liberty is tolerance of Disruptive Minorities offering choices and the Wisdom of the Many sorting those choices in free speech and free markets.
Restoring liberty in 1982, courts declared the Federal communications monopoly unconstitutional. Restoring liberty to offer innovations and liberty for customers to choose between offerings a century of rotary telephones under Federal monopoly was replaced by the Internet and smartphones.
Transportation and energy infrastructures will digitize into 10X less costly solar-powered networks once liberty replaces the current government oil/coal burning monopolies.
In the Green New Deal, Congresswoman Ocasio-Cortez seeks solutions to Climate Change. I have worked for 21 years to implement JPods solar-powered mobility networks. My partner, Frank Pao, has also worked 21 years to implement building integrated solar collection systems. The energy objectives of the Green New Deal are achievable, "To secure for all people of the United States for generations to come:
(i) clean air and water;
(ii) climate and community resiliency;
(iii) healthy food;
(iv) access to nature; and
(v) a sustainable environment; and
- "Whereas, because the United States has historically been responsible for a disproportionate amount of greenhouse gas emissions, having emitted 20 percent of global greenhouse gas emissions through 2014, and has a high technological capacity, the United States must take a leading role in reducing emissions through economic transformation;"
- "Whereas, climate change constitutes a direct threat to the national security of the United States"
What is wrong with the Green New Deal is that it seeks to repeat the Federal central planning which is the Root Cause of Climate Change. "It is the duty of the Federal Government to create a Green New Deal."
Webster defines socialism as: "Governmental ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of good." Since the early 1900's, Progressives wanted a "living Constitution." So, the clear text of the Constitution was violated, liberty in free markets was replaced by Federal central economic planning, and control of "internal improvement" was kept. The New Deal industrialized this Federal control over the means of production into the ecological disasters Rachel Carson wrote about in Silent Spring - foreign oil addiction, perpetual oil-wars, and the unfolding of disastrous Climate Change.
- Socialist Communications (1918):
- Plan: Build a communications system based on the rotary telephone.
- Progressive Action: On Aug. 1, 1918, President Wilson socialized communications.
- Result: Communications innovations were locked into rotary telephones for nearly a century.
- Technology: In 1968, The Mother of All Demos demonstrated most aspects of the Internet and modern computing.
- Correction: The Federal communications monopoly was declared unconstitutional in 1982, with a gradual shift from central planning to standards-based free markets upon The High Performance Computing Act of 1991. In 1994, the Today Show illustrated how the commercialization of the Internet was going mainstream. The barriers of Federal central planning had been replaced by free markets.
- Socialist Energy (1936):
- Plan: Build an economy based on burning coal to power a central grid.
- Progressive Action: FDR’s Rural Electrification Act of 1936.
- Result: It wiped out the entire Sustainable Energy Industry for most of a century. This industry had be installing up to 80,000 windmills a year. Subsequently, approximately 600,000 windmills were abandoned in favor of burning coal and creating the other Root Cause of Climate Change.
- Socialist Transportation (1916):
- Plan: Build an economy based on burning oil with the 25 mpg efficiency of the Model-T.
- Progressive Action: The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1916 (1944, 1956) was passed in direct violation of Federalism, Divided Sovereignty as specified in the Preamble, post Roads, Ports, Necessary and Proper, and Commerce clauses, and as restated in Amendments 9 and 10.
- Result: It replaced 46% of 470 ton-mpg railroads with 25 mpg roads creating the Root Cause of Climate Change, perpetual oil-wars, foreign oil addiction, and Federal debt amounting to $22 from buying foreign oil.
The Boston Tea Party was a demonstration against a government transportation monopoly and it triggered a war. To preempt war, the Constitutional Convention voted 8 states to 3 to forbid Federal taxing for highways and canals beyond what was essential to defend free speech - the “post Roads” and “Ports” restrictions in Article 1, Sections 8 and 9.
Since Madison, powerful congressmen have wanted to tax all Americans to fund pork projects in their districts. There are 21 Presidential veto messages defending Americans from such taxing. Since The Federal-Aid Highway Act of 1916, Congressional pork projects have become the norm. Boston's Big Dig (estimated at $2.8 billion, actual cost $26+ billion) and NYC's $1 billion per mile subways are prime examples.
Bread lines and traffic jams (and Climate Change) are the same consequences caused by central planning in different commodities.
A century of Federal Socialism mandating the 25 mpg efficiency of the Model-T created the traffic jams you sit in.
The world adopted Federal Socialism, Climate Change Root Cause.
The Personal Rapid Transit (PRT) network in Morgantown, WV is an alternative to the Federal highway monopoly. The solution to traffic jams and pollution has been known since Walter Cronkite covered Tricia Nixon's opening of the first digital mobility network on Oct. 24, 1972. For 47 years, the people of America have been denied the freedom to choose between sitting in traffic jams (bread lines) and enjoying cleaner, faster, safer, and more affordable mobility networks.
Instead of embracing efficiency and safety, the Federal highway plan replaced 46% of 400+ ton-mpg railroads with the 25 mpg efficiency of the Model-T.
Civilization killers of Climate Change, resource depletion (US Peak Oil was in 1970), foreign oil addiction, perpetual oil-wars, oil-dollar funded terrorism, and $22 trillion in Federal debt are all consequences of Federal socialism.
Bureaucracies are created to coerce compliance with a plan through the institutionalized suspension of judgment. Innovation is a compliance failure. Bureaucracies punish, they do not create alternatives to their plans. AOC's desire to expand Federal bureaucracies will expand coercion and suppress innovation. Two examples:
- JPods efforts to build solar-powered mobility networks has been blocked by Federal bureaucracies for 21-years, PRT for 47 years.
- Carbon Taxes wanted by socialist punish those who must drive to and from work while mandating their highway monopoly. The "Yellow Vests" are rioting in France because gasoline prices are $5.72 a gallon and being increased by carbon taxes. The Federally mandated highway-economy collapsed in 2008 when gasoline prices hit $4.51 a gallon.
Bureaucracies created Climate Change. They ignored eight US presidents called on them to end foreign oil addiction. They ignored the sacrifice of soldiers buying time to end foreign oil addiction with blood in oil-wars since 1991.
AOC, and other socialists, want to increase the power of these bureaucracies to coerce compliance with their plan. I want liberty to offer my customers JPods solar-powered mobility networks.
So will the greedy self-interests of a capitalist economy solve Climate Change?
- You have a choice between an iPhone and a rotary telephone today because the Federally mandated plan for rotary telephones was declared unconstitutional. Self-interested innovators convinced self-interested capitalists to fund efforts to offer self-interested customers better products. As the market economy pulsed between innovators offering choices and customers sorting choices unplannable innovations swept aside a century of government planning.
- Liberty creates the "general welfare" through tolerance of individuals offering society choices and the Wisdom from the Many sorting those choices in Darwinian crucibles of free markets and speech. Adam Smith’s “invisible hand” of free markets is not invisible, just tiny. It is the accumulation of vast numbers of tiny acts of liberty.
- Liberty's pulsing exchange between the self-interests is a robust and adaptive self-ordering process. Free markets self-organize around behaviors, not intellect. Three other examples of behavior based robust self-ordering systems:
The morality that guides behaviors and intelligence that creates plans evolved separately from each other.
When the Constitution's "post Roads" restriction is enforced, when Federal Socialism ends, you will have a choice between:
- Sitting in a traffic jam burning oil with the 25 mpg efficiency of the Model-T.
- Paying me for a ticket to ride on the solar-powered JPods network which moves you non-stop from your origin to your destination. I think there is a profit in converting pollution and traffic costs of Federal Socialism into value.
Currently in 2019, Senator Beach, Commissioner McMurry, and Governor Kemp of Georgia are restoring liberty. These leaders are enforcing the clear text of the Constitution to restore Georgia's sovereignty to end the causes of civilization killers created by the Progressives' "living Constitution." Soon, near Atlanta's airport, you will have a choice.
As the courts enforced the Constitution in 1982, triggering digitizing communications. Political leaders in Georgia are enforcing the Constitution that will trigger digitizing mobility.
Separating war-making powers from commercial self-interests is the Divided Sovereignty of Federalism. Federal Socialism, Climate Change Root Cause, mixes war and commercial self-interest in the plans and controls of bureaucracies.
The US government was created in war, to wage war on the King via the Articles of Confederation. The Articles proved incompetent at waging war in the Revolution and coercing the peace that followed (i.e.: Shay's Rebellion, etc.). The Constitution was then ratified, replacing the Articles to perfect a general government with unlimited taxing powers for the limited sovereignty over issues of war and peace.
To limit this war-making nature of the Federal government, the Constitution is an enumerated powers document. Powers not enumerated are forbidden to the Federal government and retained by the People, or the States. Madison summarized the Divided Sovereignty of Federalism in Federalist #45:
"The powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite. The former will be exercised principally on external objects, as war, peace, negotiation, and foreign commerce; with which last the power of taxation will, for the most part, be connected. The powers reserved to the several States will extend to all the objects which, in the ordinary course of affairs, concern the lives, liberties, and properties of the people, and the internal order, improvement, and prosperity of the State.”
The clear text of the Constitution is as understandable as Madison's summary:
- The Preamble Divided Sovereignty between the Federal government over issues of war. The Preamble assigns the Federal government a single obligation to defend liberty for ourselves and our Posterity.
- Climate Change sacrifices Posterity to a "needful" majority that is addicted to foreign oil by Federally mandated highways.
- The "post Roads" restriction limits Federal taxing to no more than delivering letters in defense of free speech.
- The "Ports" restriction forbids Federal pork barrel spending that does not benefit all states equally.
- Necessary and Proper clause forbids Federal that are not necessary nor proper. The defects of Federal planning chronicled in Silent Spring, Climate Change, and perpetual oil-wars are NOT necessary OR proper.
- The Commerce Clause limits Federal involvement in commerce to coercing behaviors that build paths to war. Federally mandated foreign oil addiction has rebuilt the two known paths to domestic wars between Americans:
- Taxation without Representation. Debt is the tax on future labor. $22 trillion in Federal debt from buying foreign oil mortgages the liberty of children (posterity) for $70,000 each without their consent.
- Illicit Energy. Illicit Energy is dependence on energy outside self-reliance. Federal support for slavery and foreign oil addiction rebuild nearly identical paths to war. The only difference between selling a man into slavery because of his race for $70,000 and mortgaging the future labor of child for $70,000 is the use of debt to delay and confuse accountability. Bleeding Kansas, Iraq, and Afghanistan are carbon-copies of skirmish wars that warn of a coming general war. My guess is the next US domestic war will be known as Oil Famine.
- Divided Sovereignty of the Preamble is restated in Amendments 9 and 10 of the Bill of Rights.
Action: We can start by enforcing the clear text of the Constitution. Immediately end all Federal taxing and spending on oil/coal burning infrastructures. The same level of taxing should flow through the State governments.
The second step is to enforce the Constitution so that all taxing for welfare flows through State governments. There can be Federal welfare programs such as highways and Social Security. But states must tax the individuals, not the Federal government. The States can then fund the Federal programs and hold them accountable for efficacy. “Ambition must be made to counter ambition.”
The following graphic on the left illustrates the way the Constitution's Divided Sovereignty was ratified. On the right is a graph showing how the 16th, 17th, and 18th Amendments and Federal Socialism usurped the sovereignty of states over "internal improvements" to create a "needful" Tyranny of the Majority, Climate Change, and oil-wars.
We need to restore State and citizen sovereignty over welfare as mandated in the Preamble (left graphic above). The Green New Deal is an expansion of Federal Socialism (right graphic).
The shift from a century of rotary telephones under Federal Socialism to digital communications of the Internet under free markets can be repeated in power and transportation. Enforce the Constitution and solar-powered digital mobility networks will replace oil-powered analog roads. There is a profit in converting pollution into value.